Trust God First (Charles Swindoll)
- Avoid self-sufficiency– It short circuits the test. Don’t be quick in finding your own solutions.
- Don’t live as an extension chord- your immediate connection should always be God first. Don’t look to others for your source for trusting God. Don’t be quick to rely on others because they will eventually become a crutch.
- Don’t allow yourself to remain distance from God– Job was a great example of trust, while losing it all he remained faithful to God. Job said,”Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.” (Job 13:15)
- Don’t cultivate a bad habit of worry– Does your worry list out run your prayer list? Examine what your worry is connected too. No matter how much you try, you cannot out run your worry. Worry can only be conquered through trust. When thoughts come into your mind, quickly replace them with affirmation of your trust in God. Push worry to the side and rest in the Lord. Learn to lean on Him and choose to remember his faithfulness. “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19)
- Avoid the seed statements of un-trust- a. I am worried. b. I can fix it. c.I can’t wait. d.I can’t sleep. e. Are you sure I can trust the Word of God? f. I need help from others before God. g. If I manipulate the situation it will work in my favor. h. I will take charge now and pray later. i. I feel insecure with myself and need others. -What are ways you could trust God regardless of your circumstances? -What is preventing you from trusting God? “Faith will either kick into action or move you away from trusting God” (Charles Swindoll
Atomic Habits to change your life
Learn to listen to the Fathers voice
You will face adversity in life. Learn to be still in times of adversity. When difficulties face you, wait to hear the fathers voice. Psalms 46:10 "Be still and know I am God"
Understand your Why vs. Your What
When you find your Why in life your what will make sense. Life chasing your why and understand your what are just stepping stones for what the creator has for you. Jeremiah 29:11
Learn to keep standing
from a 3rd grade drop out.
Learn how to manage your time in order to refine your purpose
Time though it cannot be stopped can be a blessing or a curse. What you become is based on how you manage your time. If some areas of your life are a struggle, take inventory how you are managing time. Psalms 90:12 Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.